Both rooting and flashing are the terms generally used while using android mobiles and they are two completely different concepts.
Let’s see what rooting and flashing actually mean
- Rooting is used to gain access to the generally forbidden core elements on your phone that the device manufacturers usually restrict users from entering.
- But, using rooting users get “superuser” access and can perform a variety of tasks by unlocking the raw power of the device.
- Flashing is modifying your device’s OS with a custom version.
- Flashing is the process by which a user can install a custom ROM, recovery or kernel to enhance the efficiency of the android phone.
- Usually, flashing comes only after a device is rooted because flashing requires root access first.