Difference between Rooting and Flashing
Both rooting and flashing are the terms generally used while using android mobiles and they are two completely different concepts.
Let’s see what rooting and flashing actually mean
- Rooting is used to gain access to the generally forbidden core elements on your phone that the device manufacturers usually restrict users from entering.
- But, using rooting users get “superuser” access and can perform a variety of tasks by unlocking the raw power of the device.
- Flashing is modifying your device’s OS with a custom version.
- Flashing is the process by which a user can install a custom ROM, recovery or kernel to enhance the efficiency of the android phone.
- Usually, flashing comes only after a device is rooted because flashing requires root access first.